We all need you to be you. As simple and easy it sounds, most of us have lost ourselves trying to mirror what other people around us are doing or expecting us to do.
We all need people who are authentic. Even if people do not understand you, as they are not going to; you still have to be true to yourself. And as you start living from that point of authenticity to be the real you, the world will also gradually start navigating from the point of ridicule to acceptance and reverence.
Our life is reflected in our choices: either operate from living someone else’s life and feel hollow within, or be authentic and fill yourself up so that you provide a space to all of us to blossom.
Your standards are the ones which you need to keep on examining. Consistently.
Are you staying true to yourself or are you letting someone else play the chess on your behalf?
Too often, it happens donned under feelings of love, regard, fear of rejection and fear of criticism. At the end of the day, we are answerable to ourselves: did we do the right thing that makes the world more elevated and makes our family and loved ones happier, or are we simply losing ourselves in pursuit of a standard and a false acceptance that will go away soon?
Most people on the planet think that both have to go hand in hand in order to live a successful life. Here is the clichè: when we experience suffering on a consistent basis, we are subconsciously telling ourselves that our happiness is so cheap, that it can falter at the ups and downs that circumstances expose to us.
Do you want your happiness to be so vulnerable? Definitely not.
So here is the truth: every single feeling of suffering emanates from the seed of thought my own fear or lack or loss. If I take control over my emotions and let go of them by counselling myself constantly, just like we do it to others, our emotion of lack dissipates superquickly.
Remember, our sole and soul purpose on the planet is to make the world better by serving them. Once we get into this groove as our habit, suffering is not optional, it is non-existent.
Feeling joyful in easy and joyful times is normal. We all must reach that state wherein in the face of every difficulty, we have that level of stability of mind that we are able to go through those situations in an easy manner.
Why do we have to do that? Why can we not go through pain and then come out of it gradually? In reality, we all do go through difficult and trying times. What makes the difference in a stable mind versus a vulnerable mind is how long they stay there. How big or small a situation is, we must take the learning out of it in such a manner that makes us a better human being, and let that situation go away. Yes, memories will come at a later date to bog you down, you just need to remember that you are the driver of your emotions and therefore, experiences, basis your perception and thoughts. No one else is. You are the driver. No one else is. Just remember this.
People act as per what feels right to them in the moment. You have to make the choice to let go of the things that are not serving you, so that your temple of richness, which is your mind, is filled only with fruits and never weeds.
In this journey of life, we all have our own transformation. We can never reach the end of our learning until we reach our death. In so doing, where many people on the planet are craving for joy, you be the embodiment of peace and joy that we all need. Because if you are fortunate enough to read this, you can feel joyful. No matter what.
We need to have a FaceTime with truth time and again so that fake lies do not capture us into their grasp and make us believe what does not exist. Truths include:
- Love yourself. You will be more powerful to love your loved ones then.
- Shouting and anger belong to the stone age. You are most powerful when you have your stability and peace of mind and then get the job done.
- Every single human being has great qualities. It is our job number one to locate them and to focus on them. What you sow in your mind is what you reap on the outside.
- When everyone is liking you and your vision, you are in grave danger. Go change the rules, and shatter some old beliefs.
- Happy is the human who manages their time.
- What you do speaks so loudly to others that they can hardly listen what you say.
- Be kind. Even when it is difficult, especially when it is difficult.
- In order to be understood, firstly understand. (Thank you, Stephen Covey)
Always remember, you were not born in the world to fall into what others feel is right for you. You are a force of nature. The moment you decide to treat yourself like one, everything starts getting rigged in your favour.
Most importantly, before sharing this with anyone, make a disciplined effort to align one of these truths in your life.
Truths are what we all know. Yet we tend to forget them because we get caught up in the thick of thin things: what he or she did to me, why did they say this to me, why am I feeling this way….and the endless self-obsessed cycle. Somewhere more than 95 % of the population is concerned with what is wrong in their life and that is why they are not able to bring the change that is required to create a dent in the Universe.
The biggest truth that could ever be told to you is this: just because you are alive, you have been sent on this planet earth to create a better meaning for everyone blessed to witness you. Along with that, we have been given the choice to create that beautiful, meaningful life or to choose to blame everyone else for the fact that you are not enough.
You have a choice. As you make the choice to create a wonderful life that shakes and shapes all of us, remember the following truths:
- Kindness and love from even one person always triumphs all the hatred in the world. Because what you give to others, originates multifold within you.
- The more you say no to distractions (phone calls, “important notifications”, shiny toys, etc.), is the more you create fortunes of impact and wealth in all forms of life.
- It is okay to eat a meal alone sometimes. Your creativity needs solitude to blossom.
- The quickest way to change the world is to change yourself.
- With all the gratitude to Robin Sharma, “If you are not being ridiculed a lot, you are not doing much.”
- You can have everyone agree to your opinions or you can change the world through the way you occur in the world. No one gets to do both.
- Meditation is not a technique reserved for yogis in the mountains. We all must do it in order to witness the hidden treasures even we are not aware of.
- You are a human being if you talk with the phenomenal respect and enthusiasm to a janitor as with the CEO of the organisation.
- Being nice and safe is the most dangerous place to be in. Shatter everything. Yes. Now you are good to go.
- It is in times of adversities and most vulnerable situations that your values come to test. Choose your values. You will be proud of the person in the mirror.
Every single one of us, one at a time, will create a world that we will be proud to have created.
You deserve a life of happiness, success, peace and wondrous bliss. You set your goals to go from where you are to where you want to be. You do the work, meditate, visualize and take marked progressive action. Then something unexpected happens: either in your work life or personal life or something totally unrelated to you that affects you immensely. We all go through that. The question we need to keep asking ourselves continuously is: “Am I being true to my dreams and desires in days of danger?”
It is only the adversities and the mistrust and the criticism and the dust and the mud that makes us grow to levels that we had never imagined. Anyone can celebrate when everything is going smoothly. What you do under pressure determines whether you will turn into carbon or diamond.
We all desire for a life of happiness. Keep checking that you are not giving undue importance to sadness and frustration in your life that take away awesomeness unlimited that is your birthright.